Hamfields Leisure is a family friendly private members club with an amazing list of facilities and activities. We offer many of these facilities and venue hire rates at significantly discounted prices to our members.
We have a large car park with dedicated parking spaces for blue badge holders. A permanent ramp with a very gentle slope provides easy access to the lounge bar, function hall or beer garden for wheel chair users. For opening hours please go to our 'ABOUT' section.
Within the club we have:
- A large function hall with open dance floor and stage; above the dance area there's a large raised balcony with seating and tables. The function hall is also frequently used for celebrations, wedding receptions, christening functions, children’s parties and sporting events. We also have a private dinning/reception area. Please note: members can benefit from discounted hall hire rates for their special occasions. Details are available by downloading 'Leisure Hire Download' or visiting our Facebook page. If you'd prefer why not visit the club and discuss your requirements. We'll be pleased to help...
- Meeting rooms.
- Our own in-house caterers provide excellent hot or buffet style food at very competitive rates. For more details and menus following the link @doorstep2014
- Short Mat Bowls: We have four indoor bowls mats and equipment.
- Table tennis.
- Two full size snooker tables - cues are available.
- Pool table.
- Table football.
- Skittle alley.
- Sports fields and training area’s.
- Complementary Wi-Fi.
There are changing facilities with showers and the following external facilities:
- Full sized football pitch.
- Mini Soccer pitch.
- Youth Soccer pitch.
- Six a side football pitches.
- Cricket square.
- Two tennis courts which can also be used as 5 a side pitches.
- Adventure playground for younger children; this is fully enclosed and parents can relax and if they wish enjoy hot or cold beverages on the sunny patio area while the children play.
- Second play area for larger children.
- Access to the banks of the Severn for those who like long scenic walks.
Why not join in some of our activities or a team? Members benefit from a range of ongoing events and a number of local clubs which use Hamfields on a regular basis including:
|12 Bore Clay Pigeon Shooting
||Through the winter period the club meets each Sunday at 10:00am. Commencing 13 April (then every second Friday) during BST the club meet at 4:00pm. New members welcome; turn up and ask for Bob.
|In Door Bowls
||Wednesday at 2:00pm
|Circuit Training Keep Fit Classes
||We're currently looking for a new fitness instructor to take over evening fitness sessions (6:30pm to 7:30pm). If you're interested in taking over this class please contact Warren.
|Beginners Line Dance Classes
||This is great fun! Come along and learn dance routines that incorporate Salsa, Waltz, Jive, Cha Cha and many other style. You don't have to know your left foot from right... Its that simple. Every Thursday at 7:00pm. For more info contact Jamie: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07810821558
|Model Plane Flying
||Second Sunday of the month
|Coarse Fishing - Fly Tying
||Wednesday at 7:00pm
||Monday at 5:00pm
|Ballroom Dancing with Mr Pinstripe
||Contact the club steward on 01453 810413 or visit http://www.mrpinstripe.co.uk
|Sunday Tea Dances
||Third Sunday of the month at 2:00pm till 4:30pm. Visit https://www.areyoudancing.com/dance-event/234210/ Come and enjoy social dancing in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Tea & homemade cake included.
||Tuesday at 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Contact Daphine via the club.
||Thursday at 7:00pm
||Friday at 10:00am
||Saturday at 10:00am - Severnside Youth FC. U6 to U16. Contact Anne Tainton or visit http://severnsideyouthfc.leaguerepublic.com/index.html
||Sharpness AFC have three adult teams. Training Tuesday and Thursday nights. Contact Tom Paterson or visit http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/sharpnessafc
If you have a particular hobby or interest and would like to start a new club or event, it could be anything from Performing Arts, Chess, Dancing, Music, Marital Arts, then do please contact us soon.
Hamfields has become well known for its annual Guy Fawkes Night celebrations which include funfair attractions, BBQ and a bar with a good selection of real ales and ciders. We only charge £1 for individual entrance and £5 for car parking (no matter how many passengers are in the car). All monies collected are donated to local charities and good causes.
We also host our annual 'Strongman and Strongwoman competition each May. Lookout for detals on our Facebook page...
'The chairman and trustees wish to express their gratitude to the following organisations for providing finanical support for our newly completed Childrens Adventure Playground: Gloucester County Council, Magnox Socio-Economic Fund; The Friends of Hamfields Leisure.'
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDRP) becomes effective from 25 May 2018. For a copy of our Privacy and Data Protection Policy please email: email@example.com or telephone 01453 810413.